Wednesday 27 February 2013

Miniatures Studio? Yes, please.

Hooray my dear readers,
It's been just over 24 hours and we already raised 405$. If we keep going at this rate we're sure to bust the fixed goal that I've set.

There's a lot to talk about so I'm going to parcel it out piece by piece. Don't worry, we're also going to be working extra double hard this month so there's going to be a lot of stuff to see.

What's awesome about Igra Miniatures Studio that I should support it?

Good question, me.
I hope to bring a new, fresh, interesting and exciting viewpoint on the cool themes that prevail in miniature wargames. My planetFallers are designed on functional principles. The idea is that they can "work" and get dirty and covered in mud as fire and explosions jostle them to and fro. They have articulated armor so they can be nimble. They carry their gear in pouches and backpacks.

Another cool concept I wish to bring to light is the fantasy Warpunk theme. Here's a concept sketch:

EDIT: Updated with a more current WIP of the sketch.


The image depicts a Gnomish War Necromancer. The Warpunk theme is a what-if scenario: What if the industrial revolution was powered by fantasy magic?
It's a merging of your classical fantasy setting with 40's and 50's military flavor.

Cyberpunk is another theme that I wish to explore. Because it's awesome.

These are just a few, but I need to be able to work to bring these to reality. So every contribution counts!

If you want to help found the studio and make a dream become reality please share the campaign with your friends. Tweet about it. Write about it in your blog and the forums you frequent. Everyone can do their part!

Oh, you can also contribute and get two cool figures and have your name eternally etched in the historical annals of miniature wargames.

CLICK HERE to get to the campaign.

No comments: