Friday 26 October 2012

Do miniatures dream of very small sheep?

Thanks to some good advice on the minisculpture.co.uk forums I've come to the inevitable realisation that the torso was severely under sized. I knocked the pouches off with a spear pointed wax carver and added material to match my proportional reference. The difference was around 1 mm for the width and 2 mm for the depth(that's a lot!). The details are a bit sharper now and I think it blends in to the previous layer rather well. 

While the material was wet I pushed the pouches back into place. I might sharpen the detail on the top flap of them because it looks a little smudgy.

I've also added the m92 helmet. The shape is a little off but I hope to remedy that when I add the helmet cover. 

I was also told that all Bundeswehr infantry were issued a p8 pistol so that will go with a quick draw holster on the front left top of the vest. 







No comments: