Thursday 24 January 2013

1:35 scale Science Fiction Drop Troop, sketch of.

Working on the 1:35 Drop Troop sketch. 

It's still very early in the process. I finished the armature with basic anatomy and now I'm adding FIMO (thanks for the recipe JAG!). I'm not pleased with the helmet, which reminds me of the old leather football helmets. I think I might steer a little towards the older design. Maybe go for a totally covered face. I mean, they are going to be deployed in all manner of hostile environments. It needs work all over, really. Check out how huge he is compared to a 1:72 Caesar modern IDF. 

Didn't have time for anything else today. I hope tomorrow I can get more done. 

Until next post, same mad time, same mad channel. 




Edit: also, we passed 3,000 views!
Huzzah. 

1 comment:

Stargazer said...

Hi,

not bad. Seems you covered some things I pointed out ;-D Looks quite better now.

Regarding the helmet: I would take an hour or more and do a little research on which factors influence the manufactoring of such a drop trooper helmet. For example Elysian Drop Troops in Warhammer 40k, ODST in Halo, international Paratroopers of WW II and today and so on.

I guess that could help you to produce a helmet design you are happy with.

Stargazer