Wednesday 7 November 2012

Intense Green Stuff session

I've received feedback that some of the details were a little mushy from a kind forums poster. I wanted to really focus on improving the detail level this time. I increased the ratio of yellow to blue from 55/60% yellow to around 65% yellow. I also added around 15% half and half mix of Brown Stuff. It came out a very large amount of mixed putty.

 I worked as fast as I could and added: leg drop holster straps, holster and pistol magazine pouches, cargo pocket, jacket and vest and then on the other guy the boots and pants(with a better preparation for the leg drop.

By the end of the pant on the second guy the material was too cured to blend well with itself so there's lumpiness and seam lines but it might even out with a little shaving and carving.

I think it's a very nice bit of progress. Maybe I bit a little bit more than I could efficiently chew so I won't go as far next session.

1/72 German modern infantry in progress.


1/72 German modern infantry in progress.

1/72 German modern infantry in progress.







1 comment:

Stargazer said...

Well done! I really like the progress so far and, despite the fact that I have some problems to imagine the pose, I really have no annotations regarding the soldier so far. (Really like the P 8 holster! looks like my own.)

I am looking forward to see more of the Bundeswehr guys.

Well done! Keep it up!

Stargazer