I also took some time to make the boots on the planetFaller. As you can see I had an idea about the knee pads which seemed a little off with the larger 1:35 prototype.
Some ideas that are floating around for the planetFallers exFor.
An interesting note is that as we make more inhabitants for the universe a story or a setting becomes more and more crystallized. Do you suppose the "fluff" should be part and parcel of a miniatures setting or should it be left up to the player? How about a system for the creation of unique narratives that fit each faction. I think that sounds pretty cool. Some kind of limited campaign system based on an emergent narrative.
- An early FTL human fleet returns from being lost in space. Their consciousness has been taken over by a fungal hive mind; a hyper intelligent space mushroom.
- Crystalline entities or silicone based life forms. They might drive robotic bodies or form into humanoid and other shapes.
- A gigantic self engineering biological entity- a species or coalition of species that is actually only one organism.
- Bugs. Naturally. Always with the bugs.
- Extremely small or extremely large aliens.
- Abstract entities jutting into our dimension by the power of unfathomable technologies.
- Space junkers - just doing their job, these aliens attack human colonies and ships to gather scrap and other materials. Human brains being a known delicacy.
- Almost forgot: other humans. Opposing nation planets for example.
Suggestions and comments are welcome!